- Job Title: Exhibit & Event Consultant (Field Sales)
- Department: Sales
- Job Location: Elgin, IL
- Job Type(s): Full-time, Part-time
A Star Exhibit and Event Consultant (Field Sales) sells Star’s products and services to clients and prospective clients. They develop a business base in assigned geographic territory or territories, and maintain customer relations with existing accounts.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Calls on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with clients or prospects through face to face meetings.
- Displays or presents the product and/or service, using samples and marketing collateral, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of Star’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Attends the client’s events on an occasional basis.
- Meets their specific required sales goals as defined by the sales department.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have a strong sales background, with specific experience and success in cold-call sales.
- Face to face sales experience is a plus