As Leonardo da Vinci once stated; “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” It’s amazing how timeless these communication principles really are:
As you shape your marketing message, consider what Mr. da Vinci was trying to teach us:
- Shape your message appropriately.
- Speak in terms that they can understand & relate to, yet challenge their thinking.
- Don’t talk over their heads… clarify the complex.
- Less is usually more… let brevity and minimalism enhance the strength of your message.
- In other words, stop trying to fill in every little piece of white space.
- Treat the white space as if it were rest notes in music… the notes and rests are equally important in creating passion in the over all composition.
- Be a straight shooter.
- Your message should be of value not of fluff, deceit or manipulation.
- People are craving truth and honesty in an over communicated world.
- Give it to them straight and start building honest relationships… then they will want to work with you.