Your future is bright with a career at Star.
Working at Star gives you great exposure to a dynamic exhibit and events industry that is ever changing and evolving. Job positions at Star include: 3D Exhibit Design, Graphic Design, Graphics Production, Sales, Marketing, Event Planning, Manufacturing/Carpentry, Project Management, Accounting, and administrative.Apply Now
Current Open Career Opportunities
The following are the current job openings available at Star. Please continue to check back for more updates to our job postings. If there isn’t a job opening that is a fit for you at this time, we still encourage you to submit an application form for consideration for any future job openings.
Date Posted: 06/26/14
Job Location: Elgin, IL or possible telecommuting opportunities based on experience and qualifications
A Star Exhibit and Event Consultant sells Star’s products and services to clients and prospective clients. They develop a business base in assigned geographic territory or territories, and maintain customer relations with existing accounts. Specific job duties include:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Calls on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with clients or prospects through face to face meetings.
- Displays or presents the product and/or service, using samples and marketing collateral, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of Star’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Attends the client’s events on an occasional basis.
- Meets their specific required sales goals as defined by the sales department.
Desired Background/Experience or Qualifications: